Monday, October 15, 2012

Ironman World Championships 2012 - Stay the Course

Triathlon's "Super Bowl," the Ironman World Championships, took place this past weekend in Kona, Hawaii.  After religiously following all the lead-up coverage and tweets, I was like a kid on Christmas as Saturday approached. 

As I consumed every picture, interview and video on the race some common themes emerged.  Here are a few:
  • be patient in your training because success rarely comes overnight
  • you must be willing to adapt to race day unexpectancies
  • your mental approach is extremely important
Reflecting on these areas has given me some added inspiration for next season and sparked some ideas where I can improve my training and racing.  They have also given me some much needed perspective on my race in Vegas where my results were not on par with what my training had told me was possible.

So for now...Stay the course...these things take time!  Journey on....

No comments:

Post a Comment