Friday, November 2, 2012

Avoiding Taper Tantrums

[cue my taper intro..."the time has come..."]

you know you love it!

So...the time has come (a fact's a fact) for me to begin my taper.  This unfortunate time is when I start to scale back the training volume and let you body freshen up for the race. 

People respond to the taper differently....

Some get the dreaded "taper tantrums"...

Some get depressed....


Some people lose trust in their training...


For me, the taper has always been a bit of a "catch 22."   On the one hand, I know [hope] I've done a solid block of training and should be ready. On the other hand, their is this temptation to use those last couple of weeks to cram in some last minute training in the hopes that you will be better prepared for race day.    

No need to worry about me though, in between workouts I've been spending a lot of time with my feet up on the coffee table watching Dawson's Creek reruns (in case you're interested-Joey and Pacey just expressed their feelings for each other and struggled to tell Dawson, later Dawson finds out and flips out, I personally think he overreacted)...yea...I'm a sucker for high school tv dramas!

One week until the race!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment